Tuesday 20 October 2009

'one of those days'


Today was 'one of those days'...
Slept through my alarm and missed my 9am lecture. As well as making my boyfriend late for work, as i turned off his alarm and didn't tell him it went off.
Go back to mine to change my clothes, then totter in to town to try find my bf a 'chin up chuck' gift. After searching for 3hrs, i found it, the perfect t-shirt. But when i went to leave the store, i was greeted by torrential rain! perfect.
I run to Uni for my 1:00 lecture, scarf wrapped around my noggin, i make it just in time. After numerous lectures and an hours shelving duty at the library, i reach 6:00pm and home time. I quick walk back to my bf's house, hoping to catch him before he goes to band practice. I manage to have a quick convo through his car window. He's had a horrific day, but no time to explain. He's soon gone and i am left alone in the wet. Of course i am wearing inappropriate footwear ie. ballet shoes which have sucked the water up like a sponge.
I've had no time to eat the whole day so by this point i'm running off a tiny slice of wheat free toast and a Caramel Fredo. So the massive pile of wheat free fish fingers and baked beans i made for dinner was a welcome comfort!
Get a text from my bf, am now staying over his after i finish work and to buy some drink for this evening and ciggies. By now the rain is just horrendous, so i grab my broken brollie, which i left at his a while ago. On my way i managed to step in a puddle that went half way up my calf and my brollie snapped in half. Like are you serious!?
Anywho, got some spare clothes, grabbed some Uni work & my Mac, and frogged marched my way to the shops, minus the brollie. Struggling to carry the drink, my bag, laptop and holdall, my shoes squelching out water, i finally collapsed at my bf's. Only to realise that i forgot my work t-shirt and his ciggies, so i run to the shops again, then run to the Library for work as i'm now late.
And here i am, blogging about my rubbish day. On the plus side, there is a brollie that has been in the lost property section for about a week. That is so mine now! So i can get home relatively dry.

Phew!
How was your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment