Sunday 8 November 2009

beauty in the brokenness


Ethel my darling yours eyes so bright and blue, won’t you sit and rest your pretty little head against mine?

Stop your worrying, bottle your woes, wrap up those insecurities with brown paper and tie them with string. We’ll take them to the shelf. Safely hide them away. Ponder on them no more, no more.

Unfurrow that brow now; show me your pretty face. Grab that footstool my darling and take up my hand. Close your eyes and listen…hush…that’s your heartbeat.

I hold sunlight in my hands and swallow fireflies. Trust me sweet Ethel for I know the moon, your beauty in the brokenness is precious. Your innocent fingers and cherry flavoured lips are a work of art. Use them wisely.

Hold on to true love, daisy chains and a lock of your red hair, for they are the recipes for a happy life. Your woes on the shelf shall not bother you, if you drink from this cup. Sweetness, do you believe in this?

Sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment